Thursday, September 24, 2009

Book splurge...


Do you ever have those days when you just really want to buy a book? Maybe it's just me, but I have those days a lot. Yesterday was one of those days. It was a day when I just had the biggest hankering to read something worthwhile and finding something in the library just wasn't going to cut it. I had to own it. I had to be able to highlight and underline and break the spine if I wanted to. I had to be able to put it on my bookshelf when I was done and step back and look at it with satisfaction and feel assured that it would be waiting for me there when I want to read it again.
And so I let myself have a book splurge.
The stars had already aligned themselves to make my purchase possible. My friend, Angela, had told me Tuesday that my life would be considerably enhanced by reading "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" by Chuck Klosterman (see cover above) and my best friend, Katie, just HAD to stop by Barnes over lunch to get a magazine for a class.
So with fate on my side, I did the deed and shelled out $13 and some change for 200-odd pages of book.
If the content is as intriguing as the title, I should love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aud! Soo... was the book worth the splurge? Way to leave me hanging here...