Thursday, November 12, 2009

Away We Go to Brunch and Bronfman

November isn't normally this crazy.
Seems to me that every other year I've been in school, November is the "calm before the storm:" the time of waiting before the semester-end stress comes crashing down on me.
But this November is different. I feel like I've been up to my eyeballs with the most random assignments and commitments; it's rather uncanny.
But amidst the chaos, I managed to fit in some of the most delightful experiences of my semester thus far:
1.) Bronfman.
Ever heard of Yefim Bronfman? Neither had I until my piano professor father came bursting into our kitchen, practically giggling with delight, proclaiming the news that this world-famous pianist would be coming to Southern to perform a concert.
"Cool," I replied. "I'll have to check it out."
Good grief. Cool does not even begin to describe Bronfman.
For one, his name is fantastic.
For two, his performance was impeccable.
For three, the concert was black-tie optional, which meant I got to dress up nice and fancy.

2.) Brunch.
Brunch has always been my favorite. You get to eat breakfast food (the best) in the later morning (better, because it implies you don't have to get up early). When our Communication Research class got canceled last Tuesday morning, my class buddies and I decided to spend the 9:30am class period breaking pancakes together instead. We even had candlesticks...is there anything more pleasant than that?


3.) Away We Go.
Here's all I'm going to say: watch this little film, it will make you smile.

1 comment:

Christoffer said...

Audrey, I like how you cite the photos you use. Very professional. :)