There's this random idea I have every once in a while. I'm not sure if "idea" is the right word to describe this. Perhaps "dream" or "wish" or simply "thought" would be better. In any case, my idea is this: I really wish that I was much more artistic (not creative, I know I have creative abilities, what I mean is the skills needed to make seriously good artistic renderings of people), because if I were, I would love to draw or paint random people I see (and even those I know) in situations or as characters that are very different from their own, just to see what they'd look like. For example, my hairdresser has a face that needs to be matched with a 1920s flapper's outfit, I took Earth Science with a girl who looked like she might have stepped out of a Rembrandt painting, and there was this guy at the gas station this morning that I would just love to see in some super epic medieval knight garb.
So go ahead and laugh if you want. But remember the name of this blog. These are simply things I think about...
Also, for your viewing pleasure, the book cover below. Simply fabulous:

[image from bookcoverarchive.com]
No comments:
Post a Comment