Thursday, July 1, 2010

thanks, canada...[eh?]

First of all, today is Canada Day. So, thank you Canada for all you've done for us.

I love this weekend already. I have tomorrow AND Monday off work - so I have lots of time to celebrate Canada and America on both their celebratory day. Growing up, 4th of July was ALMOST my favorite holiday (Thanksgiving still kind of edges it out...although I'm not exactly sure why. More on that thought when it's November, I guess). I think the reason I loved it so much was it meant PIE.


Sweet, sweet PIE.

And not just ANY kind of pie, award-winning pie.

When I lived in Michigan, my family lived in a small town that hosted an International Cherry Festival every 4th of July. It was a VERY big deal. Included in the International Cherry Festival festivities was a Pie Baking Contest. One year, my mother won the grand prize. It wasn't surprising (she's very, VERY good with food), but it did give us a recipe (that she apparently and believably threw together the morning of the contest) to dub Grand-Prize Winning Cherry Pie.

It's divine.

And I get to eat some on Sunday.

I can't wait.

In other news, here's a picture of the lovely bride and groom, Kim & Doug, from their Vermont wedding last weekend. Their photographer, Ashley McCormick, is amazing to say the least!

No comments: