It really is so very inconvenient when the Internet is out at your house. I really shouldn't complain, but it really kind of messed up my weekend. I was very paranoid that there was a very important email in my inbox that I was missing and that people were mad at me.
In reality, when I finally got to check my email yesterday for the first time since Friday (oh my gosh! Three whole days! [note the sarcasm, please...])I found that there really wasn't anything more important than a Orbitz cheap ticket offer waiting for me. So much for paranoia.
In other news, here are some of my favorite things from this weekend:

After making some super-wonderful pumpkin muffins on Friday night for dinner, I found this amazing website full of FANTASTIC recipes and photos! I think I kind of want to cook forever...
[photo from smittenkitchen]
* "Married to the Snob" by Jennie Yabroff | Newsweek
I loved reading this brief book review in my latest issue of Newsweek. It gives some lovely insight into cultural snobbery...I think the fact that I subscribe to Newsweek might put me in the cultural snob club just a smidge...hm...

I love cold weather. Love, love it. So when scarves and hats start popping up for sale, I get very happy. This beautiful scarf from Anthropologie has me particularly excited...

* Amazing Dinners That I Don't Have to Cook.
My dear brother and his friends made the most scrumptious meal this weekend.
Menu included, but was not limited to:
Pumpernickel bread with spinach dip
Linguine with tomato basil cream sauce and mushrooms
Squash tian
Baby spinach salad with red onion, walnuts, fresh strawberries, and raspberry vinaigrette
Truffles and crepes for dessert
Oh boy. So good.
No comments:
Post a Comment